Saturday, June 4, 2011

Thank you jesus for auto-grat

I had the party room tonight. That is where we put large groups. The first group was of 23 people, and they were absolutely delightful. There was a little girl about 7 years old who was just the cutest thing, so polite and charming. She gave me a hug before they left. That kind of thing just makes my night.

The second group was supposed to be 20, but it somehow grew to 28, and they were making me HATE THEM. Here's a tip if you're going to eat out with a big group. First, if you see me with a tray of 8 margaritas, that isn't the time to expect me to push another table up for you RIGHT.FUCKING.NOW. And don't expect everything to be done immediately, okay? There are 28 of you and one of me. I know you think you REALLY need your little bowl of salsa RIGHT.FUCKING.NOW but dude, I'm sure you can see that I am hauling ass back and forth from the bar to get everyone their drinks. Remember how there's only one of me? Yeah. The next time I go into the kitchen, I will grab your fucking free salsa. Settle.

The next thing you should know is that if all 28 of you have separate checks, (and waitresses REALLY FUCKING HATE YOU FOR THIS) it's going to take a while to get it all separated, printed, distributed, and then collected. Especially when you catch me off guard and inhale your goddamn food and want your check the second I deliver the last meal to your table.

In addition, I do everything in order of how you are sitting at the table, so not only will standing there at the computer beside me not make it go any faster, it will actually slow it down because once you're out of your seat I have no fucking clue who you are and which check is yours. Again, SETTLE. One of me, 28 of you.

Oh, and finally? To the idiot hostess who asked if there is anything she could do to help? If I say, "YES! If you could go in there with a pitcher of water that would be great," that doesn't mean literally go in there and stand there with a pitcher of water waiting for me. Fuck. Try pouring it in the glasses! It's the new thing the kids are doing with pitchers of water these days.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, one more gripe. :) I saw the leader of the second party come in last week and ask about renting the party room. I personally greeted her and showed it to her and then got the manager to discuss pricing with her. She instead decided to just walk in on a saturday night without calling in advance. DON'T GODDAMN DO THAT FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS FUCKING HOLY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go out to breakfast once a month with a bunch of ladies and they always have to have separate checks. I HATE that! Especially for breakfast. ZOMG! You might get dinged an extra quarter because you skipped the bacon or something.

    FWIW, I always tip extra when they do that.

    ReplyDelete